Seaborn M. Hunt Jr., MD is a board-certified OB/GYN provider with over 40 years of experience practicing in Ocala, FL. His experience led him to open his practice and offer a complete range of gynecological and obstetric services to women throughout the area. With the assistance of Alice Carlisle, Ph.D., ARNP, CNM, a board certified midwife, they take care of women of every age and every stage of life.
Both Dr. Hunt and Midwife Alice Carlisle provide pregnancy-related services including delivery and offer wellness and problem exams. They have extensive experience with pregnancy and gynecological care from youth to and including menopause. Dr. Hunt is here for you.
We accept most insurance plans including original Medicare. We also accept Medicaid for OB care only. Call us at 352-622-9900 to see if we accept your insurance and to ask about your payment options. We are here for you.
Seaborn M. Hunt Jr., MD
Dr. Hunt got his start in 1969 when he graduated from the University of Florida School of Medicine. From there, he went on to complete his Internship and Residency at the University of Tennessee and Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. By 1972, Dr. Hunt was the Chief Resident at Baptist Memorial Hospital before becoming the Chief OB/GYN at Moody Air Force Base in Valdosta, GA. Then, starting in 1975, Dr. Hunt opened his private practice in Ocala, Florida where he has been ever since.
In 1976, Dr. Hunt received his board certification in OB/GYN services from the American College of OB/GYN. With that, he has privileges at Munroe Regional Medical Center and Ocala Regional Medical Center.
- American College of OB/GYN
- Marion County Medical Society
- Florida Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Performance Improvement Committee, Ocala Regional (2002 – Present)
- Medical Executive Committee (2002 – Present)
- Medical Staff Executive Committee, Munroe Regional (2013 – Present)
- Ocala Regional Medical Center – Past OB/GYN Chief of Staff
- Munroe Regional Medical Center – Past OB/GYN Chief of Staff
- Munroe Regional Medical Center – Past Chief of Medical Staff
Alice Carlisle, PhD, ARNP, CNM
Alice Carlisle is a board certified midwife with over 17 years of experience in her profession. She received her certification in 1995 and is available to provide comprehensive prenatal care, which includes antepartum, postpartum, and family planning services. She also specializes in comprehensive gynecological care to low-risk women.
Carlisle’s experience includes obstetrical nursing at Alachua General Hospital (1989 – 1995), Indian River Memorial Hospital (1986-1989), and Good Samaritan Hospital (1979 – 1986). During this time she provided total patient care during antepartum, labor, delivery, and postpartum. She also worked in the mother-infant unit for long-term care as well as surgical care postpartum.
- Ph.D. in Nursing Science from the University of Florida (2008)
- Masters Degree in Nursing & Certificate in Nurse Midwifery from the University of Florida (1995)
- BSN Degree with high honors from the University of Florida (1992)
- ADN Degree, Palm Beach Community College (1979)
Training & Organizations:
- Florida State ARNP Nursing License (1100032)
- American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM) Certification (#7728)
- American Society of Psychoprophylaxis in Obstetrics
- Certified Childbirth Educator Course (1979)
- Florida Nurses Association (2005 – 2011)
- ACNM Chapter III-16 Gainesville/Ocala Chapter – Corresponding Secretary (2002 – 2006), Chapter Chair (2008 – 2012)
- Nurse of Excellence (1993), LDRP unit, Alachua General Hospital
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Theta Chapter (1992 – 2010)
- Southern Nursing Research Society (2005 – 2008)
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (2009)